Tuesday, April 12, 2011

We're Back! And Our Family Is Expanding!

So back in 2008, soon after we got married, I thought it would be a nice idea to start a blog to document the fun and exciting times in our new little family. I got about as far as blogging and posting pictures about our wedding, and then the addition of our first child, Ike the Cairn Terrier, before neglecting my blog for a long, long time....well, until now. I suppose I realized that we keep in touch regularly with anyone who might care about our travels (of which there have been A LOT in the past three years), new jobs and professional milestones (especially those of my rock star architect husband), our new puppy (Omar Bradley the Cairn Terrier), and our new home in Alexandria. I realized that those things would seem boring to anyone else, and I felt a bit self-absorbed writing about the fabulous times of Aaron and Meredith West, and our brilliant and adorable pups, of course!

But now ... now we are having a baby! And everyone loves babies, right?? What mother doesn't want to show off her baby to anyone who will pay attention?? That's what mothers do, and so gosh darn it, get ready to follow the life of our precious baby boy, due May 1st! While I can't figure out how to upload ultrasound pictures, I can post some photos of his nursery, which you'll have to admit is about the cutest nursery ever. Thanks to Baby West's Granddad, Willie West, for this wonderful gift to his first grandchild!

Granddad working on the nursery:


The finished masterpiece:














Artwork by the fabulous and talented Carey Sullivan:






I PROMISE that the baby won't be starting kindergarten by the time I post again. After all, I have 18 days and 2 hours before this kid is due (but who's counting??), and while I've loved being pregnant and growing this little miracle inside of me, I'm ready to have my body back and most importantly, we're ready to meet this little guy, who has already stolen our hearts. I suspect the days between now and his arrival will crawl by, given our excitement and nervous anticipation, so hopefully I'll get some more blogging in between now and then, perhaps with some baby bump pictures and some screen time for our two older canine sons, Ike and Bradley West, before their little brother TOTALLY takes over!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Only 18 days!! So excited for the big arrival of baby West!! Hugs to you and Aaron. Miss you!Britt

Nannie said...

These 18 days and 2 hours are being counted by so many of us who already love our Baby Meaux. And just a few months ago.... this even seemed so far away. The grandmothers and the grandfather are so ready to take on new roles. We will all eagerly await the updated blogs on our little man. News of Mom and Dad and Ike and Bradley is great too.

Anonymous said...

Meredith-
I love the nursery. It is so inviting and sweet. Your little one will be a little prince sleeping in there. We have the exact same crib and absolutely love it!! I can't wait to see pictures of him soon. I can't believe that he is almost here. Congratulations!!!!

Cassie Parker