Our wedding cake was the best cake I have ever tasted, created by Terri Sanders of the Sugar Shack in Homer. It was a lemon chiffon confection decorated with kiwi green silk ribbon and fresh flowers. In addition to the cake, a dessert buffet was provided. Selections included chocolate truffles, profiteroles with ganache, fresh fruit tarts and crème brulee. Coffee, espresso and after dinner drinks were also served.
The evening's entertainment was provided by the Harmon Drew Super Group of Minden, Louisiana. It was my mom's dream to have Harmon perform at my wedding, and they certainly didn't disappoint. We danced our first dance as husband and wife to "At Last" by Etta James. While it may be cliche, the lyrics were perfect for us. Everyone had so much fun dancing, doing the Hokie Pokie (yes, my husband insisted that his Virginia Tech hokies be represented), and singing the LSU fight song. Young Daniel Martin also did a special song for us.
We departed the festivities in my cousin Charlie's antique car, while everyone waved sparklers. It was the perfect way to conclude a magical, spectacular celebration of our love and new life together.






2 comments:
wow! what a gerat introduction og the West Family to the blog world! I enjoyed reliving all the highlights....it truly was a magical courtship and wedding!
I am waiting for the honwymoon pics!
To each of you who shared this special, magical, memorable, joyful time with us I say thank you, thank you, thank you. Never have I seen my precious daughter so very happy and it took each and every one of you to make that happen. I hope that you will remember that time with the fondest of memories. Mom
Post a Comment