Saturday, September 6, 2008

Our Wedding - May 3, 2008

On Saturday, May 3, 2008, we became husband and wife in front of our families and closest friends, at a sunset ceremony at Tall Timbers Lodge in Homer. It was a small, intimate wedding near the private lake built by my grandfather, "Red" Davis, in 1950. I chose this setting for our wedding because it's a beautiful spot that holds such a special place in my heart. Some of my best childhood memories took place on or around Lake Meredith Anne, including fishing with my Dad, feeding the fish from the pier every night at 5:00 with my parents, and recently, of course, Aaron's proposal there on November 20, 2007.

It was so beautiful and joyous, and I only cried through half of the wedding, not the whole thing! I was very emotional, especially walking down the aisle (escorted by Terry Clason) and in the first part of the ceremony. It was the most beautiful day of my life - sun shining, perfect temperature of about 72 degrees, water glistening, the tall pine trees and grass so green and natural, the air so fresh. I truly felt my dad's presence when I was walking down the aisle. I felt him smiling down on me, which was just amazing. Between that, seeing the people in the world who are most important to us gathered to show their love and support, and then the best part - seeing the love of my life waiting for me at the altar, I was just overwhelmed with emotion. So I cried and cried, but they were the happiest tears in the world. It was the most perfect moment of my life, and I will never forgot how I felt that day.

My dear mother presented me in marriage, which I know was a special moment for her. She loves Aaron so much, and it makes me so happy that they have become close. Mom looked absolutely beautiful, in a gorgeous Midori green silk shantung gown and with a huge smile on her face. She was so happy to see her little girl marry such a wonderful man. We all worried that she was going to be really stressed and distracted by having the wedding at Tall Timbers and her staff doing all of the food and logistics. But she was incredibly calm and seemed to really enjoy every second of it. She threw us a magical celebration, and I don't know how to adequately thank her for such a wonderful, perfect wedding.

We were blessed to have so many friends and family members involved in our wedding. Madeleine and Mary Stuart Martin greeted our guests as they arrived and handed out programs. They were so gracious and welcoming to everyone. Matt Symons (Aaron's brother-in-law), Stuart Clason and Daniel Martin served as ushers. It was a challenge to get the older folks down the hill and settled in their seats, but they made sure we didn't have any injuries! Our special friends, Will (age 8) and Sarah (age 5) Sullivan served as our ring bearer and flower girl, respectively. They took their jobs very seriously and were just adorable. My best friend, Alice Tzeng Jensen, served as my matron of honor, wedding consultant, party planner and problem solver through the whole planning process and wedding weekend. Aaron's best friend, Sean Stansell, was his best man. Sean was quite the popular guy over the course of the weekend, and we started to wonder if my Mom was going to get the Judge to figure out how she could adopt a 31-year old boy.

The Episcopal ceremony was officiated by Rev. Bill Bryant and Judge Toni Clason. It was really special for me to have them doing our ceremony together, and they did a wonderful job. It was such a beautiful service. Aaron's sister, Christy West Symons, and my dear friend and sorority sister, Katie Franklin, read scripture during the ceremony. Aaron and I spent a lot of time chosing the readings, and Christy and Katie both presented them so well. Stuart and Tiffani Clason served as oblationers for the Eucharist. Tiffany even baked the bread we used for communion herself!

Here are some pictures of our blessed wedding ceremony:














1 comment:

Unknown said...

Just found my name on your blog. Didn't realize that I like to embellish (by the way you misspelled the word) so much. Pics look good, hope all is well.